College Essay Coaching
Where to Begin?
Writing your college essay can be a daunting task. These 650 words or less – your personal statement to colleges – will be one of the most important pieces of writing you’ve done in your life up until this point. Um, feeling nervous? Under pressure? You betcha.
You don’t have to face a blank page alone. I am here to coach you through it.
"From a disjointed, boring story to an essay with great flow and flair"
Julie helped my daughter take her essay from a disjointed, boring story to an essay with great flow and flair that college admissions readers must have enjoyed enough to accept her into a very competitive program.
Anne, Mother of Private School Student, Providence, RI
What I Do
As your personal writing coach and tutor, I can help you with as much or as little as you need. My services include packages and individual hourly sessions that focus on:
- Brainstorming possible topics from your life experiences
- Mining stories that best illustrate who you are
- Helping you narrow down Common Application and/or Coalition essay questions to find the best fit for you
- Drafting that first draft
- Revising at all stages, from rough first draft, to solid second draft, to deeper third draft to the final polished piece
- Editing existing essays and helping you identify what works and strengthen what does not
- Enjoying the writing process (I’m not kidding)
- Growing your skills as a writer, so that you can take what you’ve learned and apply it to future essay writing
- Helping you craft great short essays for specific school prompts
My Favorite Thing To Do
I’m being totally serious when I say that I truly love to help high school seniors find the perfect topic for their college essays and then guide them through the process of writing it with honesty, voice, and style.
If you’re wondering where to start, call me.
If you are asking yourself, how can I impress the college admissions folks without sounding, you know, braggy? Call me.
If you just need someone to walk you through the process and tell you it’s all going to work out in the end, call me at (917) 912-0269.
Trust me: it will all work out in the end, because I will help you craft an essay that is unique, well-written, and true to who you are.